Guest post by Hooshmand Moslemi
If you have been seeking for an online business opportunity for a while, chances are you may have seen catchy headlines such as "Get Paid $60/Hour to Take Surveys” or ”Make Money Just By Participating In Online Focus Groups". In the first look, what it comes to your mind is that it´s too good to be true. You may be wondering if it is really possible to make that amount of money just by filling out some polls and surveys without spending too much time or money. And if it is true, is it really worth it or not?
Well, finding a convincing answer to the above questions is not that simple. Paid surveys opportunity is not a new work-at-home online business. It has been around for a long time now and could not be regarded as something totally illegal or scam. On top of that, there are hundreds of thousands of people earning an additional income just by taking surveys and participating in focus groups. So, there is no doubt that real paid surveys companies still exist and serve people to make an extra income on the Internet.
However, you may be asking yourself if it is worth trying or you should stay away from paid surveys. While this question does not have any straight answer, either, I try to point out some of the facts behind paid surveys according to my personal point of view, as a person who has tried this opportunity long time ago. Then, it will up to you to make the right decision and figure it out for yourself.
1. Many paid surveys websites charge you a certain fee in order to join them. After sign-up, you will only get access to a huge list of companies where you can join separately and create your profile. So, bear in mind that you won´t get access to tons of surveys right after sign up.
2. That list is quite big and contains hundreds of market research companies. It may take hours of visiting and registering one by one which is a very time-consuming process.
3. In order to join every single company, you need to create a demographic profile. So, all of those companies would have access to many confidential information that covers your privacy. I am not saying that they are unreliable websites, but I would not feel comfortable. Apart from that, your e-mail address would be bombarded by tons of company deals and offers day in day out. Isn´t it annoying?
4. Many market research companies require users from only United States or United Kingdom. So, if you live outside these regions, you would simply miss out a lot of survey programs.
5. There is a reason for creating a profile in market survey companies. They need to check if the surveys they are going to send you match your demographic data. So, even if you live in the U.S. there is still a probability that you won´t get as many surveys as possible.
6. The majority of survey companies do not pay you cash. They give you rewards such as a free book or MP3 Player or something like that. You spend money for getting a list of market research companies, spend your time to join every single website out there, spend more time and fill out their polls and surveys, and then guess what?! You won´t get paid by cash! You will only get rewards.
7. And it gets more ridiculous when they offer you a spot in a reward list. Did you get it? After all inconvenience, you would be placed in a list of thousand of users and get the chance to win a prize!!! Does it make sense?
So, it was all my experience with paid surveys programs and market research companies. Now, the choice is yours. If you are like me, you might prefer something better. For me, my time is more valuable than my money. So, that´s why I would stay away from paid surveys and rather work on more profitable business opportunities. I hope you will do the same thing. You deserve better.
Instead of wasting your precious time and money on hypes and scams, look for a real business opportunity. Find out what the best money making system in 2009 is!