Guest post by Dante
Why do so many fail if it is supposedly so easy? It is easy isn't it? That is what you will hear from every successful marketer out there who has got past all the real work involved. To give you a good idea of how to overcome failure here are my top 7 reasons affiliate marketers fail to make any money online.
1) You get too anxious. Look I know when you first start out you will run into a sales page describing the easiest way to make money online. Then you feel you must make millions right away no matter what. Then what happens? You find out there is some actual work involved. Of course there is hard work involved, it is a business just like any other type.
2) The benefits get lost in translation. Now affiliate marketing probably is unanimously voted as the best way to make money online among all internet marketers. There are some great benefits you will find in practically no other job like working when you want, working from home, and no phone calling. But with benefits like that you know there will be some catch and that catch is the hard work of setting up campaigns and sites to presell your potential customers.
3) The term "lazy affiliate" is quite popular. When other successful affiliates talk about how they make money by doing nothing all day it gives other affiliates the impression that they can be lazy and the money will start to flow into their bank account. Do not have this haapen to you. For some affiliates they can be lazy but only because they set everything up on AUTOPILOT and that is the trick to becoming a lazy affiliate.
4) You are still looking for the "right" system. There is no secret system. Get it through your head! Quit searching all over the warrior forum or new clickbank products that have these claims. They all relate to the same exact approach and that is, you guessed it, working hard and applying what you know until you see results.
5) Affiliates are trying to be a "jack of all trades". I am sure you have heard the saying, "Don't put all your eggs in one basket.". When you are starting out you should stick to one strategy at a time until you get it right and start seeing profit. Then you can move on to something else. What many affiliates do is start off the cheap way since they are on a budget and set up affiliate sites. Then they go for something that costs money but not that much work involved like setting up PPC campaigns on google adwords.
6) You work hard and not smart. Quit going at affiliate marketing blindly and start learning what works from the successful affiliates. There are some excellent affiliate programs out there that will go into great detail about what it is you need to do. There are some that are really worth it but you should not give up and try a different system until you make that first one work. Get educated and save yourself time and energy.
7) The downers got to you. You know those people that will say that anything associated to making money online is a big scam? They can easily kill any dream you have to make a full time income from home. You know it is possible. So do yourself a favor and shut your mouth about your affiliate business so they cannot bring you down. Work hard and then once you succeed they will be shining your shoes.
I could go on all day. But all this can be summed up in a few words. Work hard and develop your own affiliate marketing strategy that works. Make money online and once all the learning and hard work has been done you will feel very good and hopefully be richer.